Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Love Seattle!

 Thursday, August 5, 2010

We headed to Seattle to have a little fun.  Needless to say, it was a bit rainy and we had to pull out our sweatshirts (no complaints here, I was completely fine with being a bit chilly).  We met up with our good friend, Lindsey at the Cougar Connection store to stock up on some new Coug gear, then headed to lunch.  It was great.  We then decided to take theMonorail  to the Space Needle.

I will always love the Space Needle.  I wasn't brave enough (and I was too cheap too) to take the boys up there, but someday we will go, especially since Chris has never been up in it.  It is on the to-do list.

Love downtown Seattle.  I spent a summer commuting downtown from Bellevue (luckily, only on Fridays) and it was fun to see all the interesting people and all the tall buildings again.

Another day we took the ferry on the way back from Port Angeles to Seattle.  The ferry was a first for both the boys.  However, they were both fast asleep when we drive onto the ferry.  Of course, we had to wake them up so they could see what a ferry was.  
They liked being inside and looking  through the windows.

Too bad it was overcast/hazy, but the views were still amazing...

Perhaps my favorite thing about downtown is Pike Place.  It is amazing.



I had a little fun with the camera, big surprise, huh?

 I love all the flowers (Connor even picked some out to take to Aunt Amy). 
 
And the Fish Market .  Probably the most exciting place at Pike Place.  Not the best pictures, but that is because the fish was flying directly at us and he caught it right above Connor's head! Of course, the wimp that I am, I moved so I didn't get any yucky fish juice on me and the camera, but I sacrificed a good picture.  Oh well.  You can get the idea from the extremely blurry picture ;-)
 Yes, they really do throw the fish!  The guy even ask Connor if he wanted to touch it, Connor said, "No, Yuck."

And they have fun doing it.  Their books & videos are awesome.  If y'all are ever bored ;-)

Of course, we had to get coffee from The Original Startbucks, where all that greatness started...
Dylan was sleeping on my back while Connor & I were enjoying our delicious drinks.  Cheers!

And lastly, here is a great picture that has both Stadiums (Seahawks & Mariners), Mount Ranier, city buildings, and the water.

I truly love Seattle.  There are so many fun things to do and places to go.  And the views are amazing!

1 comments:

Amy August 5, 2010 at 1:46 PM  

Great pictures! I loved my flowers!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP