Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Allergic to Texas!

 Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Well, I spent the better part of my morning at the allergy office.  An allergy test is NO fun at all.  I was scratched at, poked at, and drawn on.  But this was not by Connor or Dylan this time.  Although I think they would welcome my willingness to sit in a chair while they draw on me. 

3 hours later, my results are this:  I am allergic to Texas.  Ha!  It is all Chris' fault.  Just kidding.  But really, I am allergic to just about everything they tested for.  They do a regional allergy test.  Everything being all the trees, Bermuda and Perennia Rye Grasses, most weeds, all dust, and dogs, horses, and cattle (not cats), and a few different molds.  Wow.  How exciting, huh?  Not the news I was expecting since I have never been allergic to anything.  Not to my knowledge anyways. 

And to put the icing on the cake, I will be having sinus surgery the end of this month.  This was the result of having a CT Scan, which showed major blockage in my sinus, which causes acute sinusitis.  This I did (sort of, kind of) expect since I knew there must be something wrong with my sinuses since I have had sinus infections along with sinus headaches for the last 5 months almost non-stop.  Still not good news, but not as shocking as the allergy information.  The surgery is out-patient, so it can't be that bad.  At least that is what I am telling myself.  I just don't like pain.  Or being put to sleep.  Or having to depend on someone (lucky Chris) to take me and care for me and the boys while I am 'high' on my medicine with a sore nose, head, etc.  Oh joy!

And, the sprinkles on the icing....she wants me to do weekly allergy shots.  Seems a bit much for me.  Yikes!  It was enough to go in once in 27 years to get poked, the idea of weekly makes me a bit sick to my stomach.  So, I think I will be waiting on that idea to see how I feel. 

Sorry, no pictures of my red, bumpy itchy arms.  It is not the least bit attractive. 

5 comments:

Amy May 4, 2010 at 3:05 PM  

So sorry! That is no fun. Larry's allergy test came back like that: allergic to everything. Larry does the weekly allergy shots too. Aidan wasn't allergic to as many things, but holding a 4 year old while he tells you his back is burning and itching is no fun. Sorry about the surgery too, but hopefully you will be feeling better soon! It's time to move to Washington! LOL

Jenn May 4, 2010 at 5:43 PM  

Amy, I couldn't imagine having it done to a 4 year old. It was hard enough for me to sit there and be still and not flinch with every since poke! It did not feel good, but I am not good with little expected pain. And now I am SO itchy....it is driving me crazy! Well, that probably isn't the only reason I am crazy...

Jenna May 5, 2010 at 7:42 AM  

I have terrible allergies too and I use nettle tea. Its loaded with NATURAL anti-histamines.

Katrina May 5, 2010 at 9:00 AM  

You gotta love Texas! I hope you feel better soon

Colleen Courtney May 6, 2010 at 7:29 PM  

I just moved to a new are and I think I am experiencing a similar problem!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP