Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Shrimp

 Thursday, May 20, 2010

We had gotten some shrimp at the Farmer's Market this past weekend.  I opted for the small shrimp instead of the huge tasty delicious Gulf Shrimp that I could have had.  Why?  Because the small ones were already peeled and deveined with tails removed.  So, yes, pure lazyness.  And If I have to do all that work and touch all that yucky vein "stuff", the shrimp tend to be a little less appetizing to me.  So, I went with the smaller little shrimps.  And we were not disappointed one bit!  We had them twice this week and now they are all gone.  They were delicious.  And all I did was thrown them into a pan to saute them (from their frozen state) with some a lot of butter and a little roasted garlic.  And cooked them until they were pink.  That's all. 

The first night, I served them with some fettuchini pasta with my new favorite sauce.  I take about 4 tomatoes, cut them in quarters, put them in a hot pan with some olive oil, let them break down, stirring them occassionally, then once they resemble a chunky sauce, I add some blue cheese and mix it all together.  It is delicious, then I just add the pasta straight to the sauce.  So simple!

The second night we had the shrimp, I didn't have any roasted garlic (and if I just add chopped garlic, then Chris tells me it is too garlicky, so I just didn't add any) and they turned out just as good.  I served them with a big salad and some fried potatoes and onions.  Yum.

The guy we bought them from has pictures from his boats of all the different sea life he has caught.  Pretty neat! And he told us about catching a sting ray...oh my!  The next time, I think I will have to get some of those yummy Gulf Shrimp before the oil starts affecting them. Because these sound so yummy....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP