Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Happy Mother's Day!

 Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day is a very special day, where once a year you should honor your mother, grandmother, and all the other mother figures in your life, as well as yourself (if you are blessed to be a mother).  Not that you shouldn't honor them everyday, you should, but you should celebrate it on this day.  It is one day a year where you should be able to sleep in just a bit, have breakfast made for you, and get a special treat.  For me that special treat is Starbucks, which I am sipping on now. 

I didn't expect a lavish brunch (although I wouldn't turn down Lobster Shop).  I didn't ask for expensive cookware (but would love this new purple Le Creuset pot).  I didn't request lobster, king crab legs, or steak (which I may or may not regret just a little bit).  I didn't say I had to have more craft stuff.  And  I didn't even ask for this lovely fashionable camera bag.  And I didn't pester about a new lens or the software to edit the photos.  Okay.  Maybe I do that.  But not just for Mother's Day, that happens on a daily basis. 

I just want well-behaved little boys with extra hugs and kisses all day long.  To sleep in just a bit.  And to be able to relax a little more than normal. 

Here are a few pictures of the boys enjoying the first couple of peas from the garden:
They loved the peas.  Sorry about the naked boy in the picture.  I didn't plan on taking pictures, but once they got ahold of the peas, I had to run and grab the camera.

A special thanks to my mom, grandmas, and all the other very special and influential mothers in my life.  I have two very special little boys that I love.  The day I became a mother to Connor and the day I became a mother (again) to Dylan are two of the best days of my life.  And an extra special thanks to my wonderful husband who has made being a mother possible. 

Happy Mother's Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP