Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!

 Thursday, April 15, 2010

I think we make pizza at least once a week.  Sometimes Connor says, "Pizza AGAIN?!?"  But then he gladly eats it up for dinner, then again for lunch the next day.  Sometimes I do mix it up and make calzones.  But I am a pizza lover.  I could survive on pizza and Mexican food alone.  That would be a delicious life.

Here is what our pizzas sometimes look like.  I tend to out whatever we have in the fridge on them...

This time the toppings consisted of cheese, diced ham, pepperoni, fresh pineapple, and jalapenos.  We each get our own pizza, so I always make 4 different pizzas.  So, as you can see each pizza is different.  Connor's only has pepperoni.  Dylan's has pepperoni, ham, and pineapple.  Chris' has pepperoni and a few jalapenos.  Mine has ham, pineapple, and jalapenos.  Usually all are topped with black olives too, but I forgot to get them out this time.  And generally there are onions and bell peppers too, but we didn't have either.  Another favorite is basil and fresh mozarella.  Oh yum.  And sometimes we like to mix it up a bit and put some pesto on instead of the homeade pizza sauce.  There are endless variations for pizzas.

Here is my newest favorite pizza dough recipe.  I got it from Pioneer Woman.


4 simple ingredients is all it takes:
  • 1 teaspoon Active Dry Or Instant Yeast
  • 4 cups All-purpose Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
  • ⅓ cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
I throw it all in with 1.5 cups of warm water into the bread machine, turn it on pizza dough and in less than an hour I have delicious pizza dough.  Could not be easier.  And mighty tasty.  I cook mine at 450 degrees for about 8 minutes.  And it comes our perfect. 

2 comments:

Katrina April 15, 2010 at 8:37 AM  

Awe, I'm also a pizza lover and we often eat once a week but I can't help its so good!

Amy April 15, 2010 at 8:50 AM  

Yum! We had pizza for dinner last night. Apple with gorganzola and carmelized walnuts. Lately we all make our own, but last night I made one and Aidan ate half of it!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP