Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Photograhy Class

 Wednesday, April 28, 2010

As an early Mother's Day gift, I took an all-day photography class put on by Shutter Storm on Saturday.  I learned so much!  I walked away with so much knowledge about my camera, even though I think I was the lone Canon user, they were all Nikon fans.  But it is okay, I like to be different.  I learned how to shoot in full manual (and in RAW) mode, which included learning how to control white balance, ISO, shutter speed, aperture, exposure, composition, and the list goes on and on.  If you have no idea what I am talking about, then you must take this class.  It was awesome!

However, I walked out of the class with a long list of wants:

  • Shoot Sac (but I need some lenses to put in it)
Those are just my top wants at the moment, but there are several more!  I need more memory cards-I actually ran out of space on my one and only memory card.  I also would like a battery pack.  Oh gosh, I could go on for days.  And let's not forget the software to process the photos.  Yikes.  This sure is an expensive hobby.  But it is fun! 

We went to 3 different location to shoot in different settings.  Here are a couple of photos I took during out day.  It was great to be able to go out and shoot and be able to ask and get direction as to what to do in certain lighting situations, etc.  Very helpful.  Sure beats the YouTube videos, books from the library, and apps I have downloaded.


I need some serious help (practice, guidance, etc) with Lightroom (actually anything Photoshop related, we just don't get along).  I have been attempting this all night and figure it it time to get to bed!

On a final note, the class was amazing (even if these photos aren't perfect, I learned SO much!  I hope to take more of their classes someday!  Thanks Jason, Caleb, and Erica! And a special thanks to my 3 favorite boys for a wonderful Mother's Day gift!  I love you Chris, Connor & Dylan.  You guys are the BEST!

3 comments:

Teri Eddy April 28, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

good for you! it is indeed an expensive hobby. i recommend the book Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. it's an easy book to get through... not long... and written in an easy-to-understand format. if you start there, you'll be miles ahead in terms of knowing the basics of proper exposure early on. it's what i tell everyone getting started. it's probably available at the library too. have fun!

Nicole April 28, 2010 at 11:34 PM  

How fun! We want a MacBook too! :)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP