Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

37.

 Monday, April 19, 2010

37.  Yes, 37. 37 was a significant number if you were counting the times we went up the stairs to put Connor back in his bed last night.  For some reason, he has not wanted to stay in his bed to fall asleep, wants us in there to hold his hand, read one more book, sing one more song, chat more about his day, one more drink of water, and the list goes on and on.  And he has been sneaking into our bed again in the middle of the night and is very much interrupting my sleep since he kicks my back and head, or I wake up and he is laying on top of me.  Not fun.  So, we decided to go with the 'Super Nanny' method and it only took about 35 minutes and 37 trips to his room, not saying a word.  I was well prepared for it to take at least an hour and a half.  And I only took him back to his bed twice in the middle of the night.  And that was without a fight.  Let's hope the next few nights go well...

They both sleep SO good in the car. 

3 comments:

Amy April 19, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

We tried that with Aidan at that age, but it just made him laugh and then he thought it was a game. I can't remember what finally worked. So glad it only took 35 minutes for you.

Jenn April 19, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

He screamed at us, he was more mad that we were not talking to him. We had a hard time keeping a straight face, it was quite comical. Finally he decided to turn on his light and read a book, then he was out.

Jenna April 20, 2010 at 8:37 AM  

When my youngest daughter was a toddler she would sneak into my bed at night all the time. Putting her back in her own bed never did any good. So what I started doing was laying an arm across her upper face or putting my leg across her's or jostle her about all while pretending I was asleep. I was careful to not be rough but just enough to make her uncomfortable so eventually she'd get back up and go to her own room. It didn't take long before she quit coming to my bed at all. It just wasn't as comfy cozy as she wanted anymore. hee hee

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP