Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Date Night!

 Sunday, April 18, 2010

Who:  Chris & Jenn
What: Dinner, bookstore, walking in the rain, margaritas, and a movie
When:  Saturday night
WhereMaster Grill
Why:  We needed (and deserved) a night out.
How:  Our lovely friends (the Strebs) took our two little rascals for the night for a fun sleepover. 

Details:  We dropped the boys off at the Strebs' house, went and walked through a few shops, went to dinner, which was absolutely wonderful.  If you have never been to a Brazilian Steakhouse, you are missing out.  The food was amazing, the service was great, and the company was pretty good too!  I ate and ate and ate, and then ate some more.  The salad bar was really good, the bread was tasty, and the shrimp was even pretty good.  But the meat was awesome.  My favorites were the garlic beef, the tenderloin, and the fillet.  I ven had a roasted jalepeno, it was hot and delicious.  BUT the pineapple was to die for!  It was melt in your mouth, cinnamon and sugar deliciousness.  Oh my, I could have had 13 servings of that.  Oh wait!  I did!  The Gauchos knew me as the garlic beef and pineapple girl!  It was truly heaven.  And they even gave Chris a hard time that his wife could out-eat him.  But it is true.  I think I could probably out-eat just about anybody if the food is good.  After dinner, we went and walked around Borders for a bit, which was so nice and relaxing to be able to sit and read a book. 


We stopped and got a movie The Men Who Stare at Goats.  It was weird, but we watched it.  From the title, it was obvious it was going to be a little odd.  It wasn't a total waste of 94 minutes, but it wasn't one we want to watch again anytime soon.

 I slept in until 8am!  How amazing it that?!?  I have not seen the inside of my eye lids at 8am since long before Connor was born!  It was amazing.  And I slept SO good.  It was wonderful.  We were ready to go pick up the boys.  The house was just too quiet  But first, we had to go get us some Starbucks.  We took a nice walk to Starbucks and even sat there and enjoyed our coffee.  

When we got the Strebs house, Dylan was asleep on Aidan (he & Sydney were taking turns holding him while he slept-how sweet!) and Connor was busy playing and said he didn't want to go home (after he gave me a hug, of course).  He said he wanted to stay and play all day long.  They both had so much fun.  Can't wait to do it again soon!

*We had only been out to dinner (without kids) once in over 3 years.  It was when Connor was a year and a half.  And this was the first time we have ever been away from the boys overnight, besides when we were in the hospital when Dylan was born.  It was well overdue and much needed.  We had a blast.

Highlights:  The food. Walking in the rain.  Margaritas.  Using a public bathroom by myself (the joys of parenthood).  And sleeping in.

2 comments:

Nicole April 18, 2010 at 10:43 PM  

Good for you guys! I still haven't done the over-nighter thing yet, but I think I am getting big enough to do it! So glad you got to sleep in too! :)

Jenn April 19, 2010 at 10:26 PM  

The boys really had fun! And it was with really good friends of ours who have twin 5 year olds.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP