Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Someday.

 Sunday, May 2, 2010

I am stuck with the Spring Cleaning plan.  It lost its luster.  I did all the 'easy' rooms.  I have the office, living room, garage, kitchen, and craft room remaining.  And these are all big projects.  I think they are all a little overwhelming to me since I want to change things with the rooms, not just spring clean them.  These spaces don't make me happy.

Here are a few renovations I want to do:

Office-book shelves, re-arrange desk, get comfortable chair, put a small desk for the boys, re-paint, re-stain french doors, put up lots of photographs and other artwork for the walls.  Which really means I want to build two bookshelves to go on either side of the window, build  a new desk, and build some floating shelves for the wall.  Hmmm...and Chris tells me I am not allowed to use the saw, which for some odd reason, I really want to build things.

Living room-I don't like the arrangement of the furniture, it feels too closed off for me, but I don't know how else to arrange the couches and chairs.  And I am not a fan of the built-ins around the tv.  It is functional, but I just don't like the whiteness and the ornamentation of the painted wood.  I want to put different tile or stone around the fireplace.  And the floors need to be re-finished or replaced.

Garage-I just want to be able to park both cars in there.  And have space for the boys' toys, my garden stuff, the lawn mower, and all the seasonal items.  I guess that means we need at least a 4-car garage, huh?!?  (Maybe in our next house!)

Kitchen-Oh my!  I love all the counter space in this kitchen, but it really is lacking the storage space that I need/want.  We need to replace the floor (since there is water damage), but can't decide what kind of flooring to go with.  We have wanted to paint the cabinets since before we moved in and re-do the back splash as well!  Oh and I REALLY want granite counters and to extend our island so it has a ledge that you could eat at and not just stand around.  Plus it would give me even more counter space.  But we can't decide on what type of flooring, which means we can't do the cabinets, counters, or back splash. 

Craft Room- Oh my, this is really a sore subject.  My craft room is anything but crafty.  It is the 5th bedroom, but also the storage room.  Ack!  It is ridiculous how much stuff is packed in there.  I have visions of it being so neat, clean, and organized with my sewing table, scrapbook stations with all supplies and stamps within reach, and even a nice area for the kids craft projects.  Wow, I am really dreaming now, huh?  Have I mentioned before how much I miss having a basement???  Well, I really miss it!  Really.  I do. 

So, there are my gripes.  I wish I would just start on these projects instead of sitting around wishing they would get done with no effort, vision, or plan.  But sadly, it doesn't work that way.  They all take a lot of money and a lot of time.  Neither one of those we have a lot of.  Someday.

1 comments:

Amy May 3, 2010 at 4:52 PM  

I can totally relate to your post. I have a list of things that I want to build and I am itching to rip up our carpet, especially since the new floor arrives on Wednesday! You have a beautiful house and I liked the living room arrangement.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP