Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

100 Day Fitness Challenge

 Monday, August 23, 2010

Today begins the 100 Day Fitness Challenge we are doing through my MOM's Club.  I am so excited to have a little extra motivation.  And there is nothing wrong with some good healthy competition.

Got my new running shoes this weekend along with a few new work-out clothes.  I needed them.  And what better time to buy during out Texas Tax-free weekend!  Woohoo! 

I looked at a few stores, but I am just too cheap, so finally ended up going to Kohl's, they carry Nike (my fav!) and some other brands, so I ended up getting 2 pairs of shorts,  & 7 tanks!  Score!  NO tax, 15% off coupon, and $20 back in Kohl's cash to use next week!  My total was under $95.  Can't beat that!  And don't you just love the pink shoes!!!  I went to a running store here in Dallas called Run On.  They were awesome.  They examine your arches, measure your feet, watch you run, etc. and find you the shoes that best fit your feet and your training.  She brought me out 3 pairs and the Nikes felt the best.  I swear I didn't choose them because they were pink!  But that did kind of seal the deal ;-)  And the shoes were only $85, because I had a 15% off coupon and (again) it was tax-free weekend here in Texas! 

Here are my finds:


I guess I was in a colorful mood!

NO excuses now.  Let's see what I can do in 100 days!

Here are a few goals:
1.  Do some type of physical activity every day.
2.  Go to the gym at least 4 days a week.
3.  Eat healthy.
4.  Sign up for a medium distance race.
5.  Try new classes, exercises to keep things interesting for the 100 days.

On that last goal...I did try the Zumba class on Friday evening.  How fun, funny, and embarrassing!  Ha!  I am pretty sure my body is just not made to move that fast, nor are my hips made to move like that.  It was fun and definitely something different than running and lifting weights.

Unfortunately, you won't see too many pictures of this for several reasons:
1.  I don't like pictures of myself!
2.  I work-out first thing in the morning...no make-up, no shower, no nothing!
3.  I get super duper sweaty and it is not attractive in the least bit.

Wish me luck!  This might be a long 100 days!  There are some great prizes to be won & lots of fun along the way!

3 comments:

Jason August 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

I think I have those same shoes but in blue, super comfy and light weight for running! You have an iPod right? Do you also have a Nike+ chip? If you don't look into getting one! They are great for keeping track of miles and pace! Good luck on your fitness challenge!

Anonymous,  August 25, 2010 at 1:44 PM  

It must've been nice to have that Run On coupon. ;-) LOL. Love the new stuff. I only wear Nike clothes, but the shoes rarely work for me... I'm an Asics girl.

Jenn August 26, 2010 at 4:11 PM  

Yes, LOVED the Run On coupon! Lesley...you rock!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP