Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Back to Reality...

 Monday, August 2, 2010

I am back from a wonderful vacation.  We went back to Washington State for 20 days!  Connor was just under a year old the last time we were back to visit family, which was over 2.5 years ago.  Yikes.  We were due for a trip.  And we packed so many things into this trip, we had a blast!

Here are some highlights (and a few low points too):
-We logged nearly 2,000 miles traveling from house to house (4 different ones to be exact).
-I have 1,515 pictures loaded on the computer to go through from the trip.
-Got a new lens (50mm) while in Seattle.  So excited.
-I forgot just how beautiful (and green) Washington is.
-Got to spend some great quality time with all our wonderful family.
-Had lots of play dates with cousins & friends.
-I got my baby fix by getting to cuddle with 3 newborns.  Woohoo!
-Saw lots of friends that I graduated high school with 10 years ago!
-We discovered Connor has still not grown out of car sickness.
-We also discovered that Dylan now has car sickness. 
-Met lots of friends for drinks.
-I did not do dishes for 20 days ;-)
-Enjoyed the amazing 55 degree mornings.  Amazing.
-Had an great dinner & drinks in Seattle with 4 of my favorite girls from college!
-Did not work-out, run, or do anything active for 20 days.  (Actually, still counting...)
-Had a lot of Starbucks.  A lot.  Yum.
-Got to eat lots of seafood.
-I did not cook a meal for 20 days!!!
-Had to endure the dreaded traffic of Seattle.
-I ate A LOT of super delicious food.  And gained about 20 lbs.
-Flew back to Dallas with both boys all by myself.  And actually enjoyed it.









Those are just a few of the pictures that caught my eye as I scanned through them quickly.  The mountains & all the water are just beautiful!!!  There will be many more pictures as I get me to go through & post some of the fabulous things we did & people we saw.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  August 2, 2010 at 1:55 PM  

Can't wait to see the rest of the photos, but glad you're back to Texas, even if I'm not there yet!

Jenn August 2, 2010 at 5:12 PM  

There are SO many photos...I think I went a little camera crazy!!!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP