Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Early Morning Run

 Thursday, August 26, 2010

Somehow I agreed to run at 5am this morning!  What was I thinking?!? I had to set my alarm for 4:30am!!!  Lesley & Robin (who are two very experienced long distance runners) met here at my house just before 5am and we set off for our 4 mile run.  It was 70 degrees!  Can't beat that!  I would even say it was a cool 70 degrees.  Amazing!  We felt great once we came upon 4 miles, so decided to do another mile.  (I should add that this was an easy day for them...they agreed to run a little slower with me...how nice!)  I was amazed that I was able to comfortably talk through all 5 miles.  Huge confidence booster!  And did I mention, it was fun?!?  Well, as fun as 5am can be!

In fact, I was amazed enough that I went crazy and signed up for the Heels & Hills Half Marathon.  That is 13.1 miles.  Yikes!  That is preciously 10 miles further than I have ever ran in a race before!  And did I mention that it is in 30 days???  30 days to train and up my mileage big time! 

With a jam packed September (two Cougar football games...woohoo!) it is sure to be a great month, but it is sure to fly by! 

Can't wait! Wish me luck, I will need all the luck I can get...

2 comments:

Amy August 27, 2010 at 12:14 AM  

That's great! Good for you!

Anonymous,  August 27, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

Woo-hoo... and that was my normal pace, I was not slowing down for you! I do not run fast! Far, but not fast. ;-) Can't wait to have a buddy at the HmH!!!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP