Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

A celebration of a halves...

 Sunday, September 26, 2010

Yes, today Dylan turned 18 months (one and a half!).  Hooray!  And today I ran my very first Half Marathon.  In celebration, we had this for dinner:

Yes, chocolate cake.  No joke.  This is what we ate for dinner.  It was delicious.  The boys were thrilled and I was happy  as can be.  It was lovely.

But for the record, we had some raw veggies and ranch for an 'appetizer'...
And the tomatoes came straight from our garden.  Yummy!
 
I can not believe Dylan is a year and a half.  Crazy.  I know I say this every birthday, but it seems like just last week we were rushing to the hospital with our impatient baby boy (aka our  'Freeway' baby).  He is just as impatient now, especially when he wants milk, he is a milk addict.  Seriously.  And food addict too.  He finishes his meal, asked to get down, then climbs up on Connor's seat and finishes Connor's food.  Too funny.  He has some of the funniest and most serious looks.  Here are a couple recent pictures of our little man:
Loving the chocolate cake!

Lovely bruise on his head.  He is all boy.  And he is eating a gummy fish.

So cute.

So serious.

We love you Dylan!  You are so sweet & such a joy each and every day.

And onto the half marathon...
I ran in the Heels & Hills  half marathon today.  Dare I say it was fun?!?  But it really was.  Who knew I could enjoy 13.2 miles of running ;-)  Certainly not me!  But I did.  I finished with a time of 2 hours and 8 minutes.  I was very pleased with that time.  Here are the stats:  I averaged 9:50 miles.  (Which is a bit off since I ran the first 7 miles considerably slower than I ran the last 6, which I realize is odd, but I didn't want to burn out before the finish line.)  I came in #11 in my age group, and #155 overall.  Not sure how many people total in the race, but there seemed like quite a lot ;-) 

Pre-race photo in the dark...
Note: my bright green bib not only stood out, it had my name on it & it said in big bold letters, "First Half Marathon".  LOL.  Way to call me out ;-)  It was pretty funny.

Not sure if the link will work or not, but click here to see the photos from Sport Photo.  Some are pretty funny.  You may have to search.  Event date 9-26-2010, my bib # 426

And an after race photo...
Yes, we went to eat.  Mexican food.  YUM.

And I couldn't pass up a margarita...
After all, I did earn it.  Well, actually I earned two.  Ha!

It was a fun-filled day.  I am tired.  My legs hurt.  But it was well worth it.  I am so glad I decided to be crazy and run a half marathon.  And even more excited that I finished the race!

5 comments:

Amy September 27, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

Way to go Jenn!!!

Mmm... chocolate cake for dinner!

Anonymous,  September 27, 2010 at 12:57 PM  

My fav photo is the next to the last one... you look like you're checking your non-existent watch for your time. LOL!

Jenn September 27, 2010 at 5:33 PM  

I know. What the heck was I doing? The announcer gave me a high five on my way in, but not sure if I was looking at the sweat on my hand & feeling sorry for the guy or what. LOL.

Jess September 28, 2010 at 8:59 PM  

Hooray for your first half! And I love the pictures of Dylan. Madeline has had some identical bruises lately!

Jenn October 4, 2010 at 7:07 AM  

Thanks Jessica! Yes, the bruises are just a part of life.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP