Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Tour des Fleurs 10K Race

 Saturday, September 18, 2010

I completed my first 10k race today!  The first mile and the last 1.2 miles were the longest ever!  It had a few small hills, but wasn't too bad.  But it was really humid!  Yuck.  I am so ready for 70 degree weather.  No more 90 degrees, I am ready for true fall weather!  I ran with a new friend Becky, which I had never ran with before.  First, let me tell you what Becky's comment was after the race: "I can't believe you can talk the entire race!"  LOL.  Yes, this is true & I do.  It is a great distraction! 

I finished the 6.2 miles in 54:47.  That is amazingly fast for me.  But I felt pretty good, so I kept at that pace, which is an average of 8:50 per mile.  Here are my stats: I came in #10 in my age group (ages 25-29) out of 135 people, #54 out of 795 females, and overall I came in #163 out of 1181 people.  Not too shabby for my first 10k race!

Okay, of course I am such a nerd and took some pictures ;-)

So, since it was such a big race, there was little parking at the Arboretum, so we parked off-site and rode a school bus to the race.  Connor was thrilled to ride the school bus.  There were a few of these signs posted around the bus.  It just made me laugh. 


Pre-race photo...we are happy, smiling, and excited to run ;-)

And after the race...sweaty & gross.  But still smiling ;-)  Just look at the view.  Love it!

And Happy Jenn...Blue Moon post race is awesome ;-)  The shade is awesome too!

And look at our wonderful boys cheering for us...

Check out this view...

And the boys enjoyed the after race treats.  There was bagels, ice cream, pizza, amazing cookies, and  donuts!  The ice cream was an instant hit...

The race  was great, it was put on so incredibly well with awesome vendors after the race.  It was extremely organized!  And the Dallas Arboretum is just amazingly beautiful!  Perfect!

Then we rushed home to get ready for the WSU vs. SMU football game here in Dallas!  There will be a post about that soon ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous,  September 19, 2010 at 4:11 PM  

Um, you learned that talking the entire time skill from the best. LOL!!!!!!!! Awesome race time. I'd have been panting 2 miles behind you!

Jenn September 19, 2010 at 4:48 PM  

I know & I don't even talk as much as you when we run together! LOL. Talking is very important at passing the time ;-)

Anonymous,  September 19, 2010 at 4:51 PM  

Maybe if I'd shush, I could run 8:50s.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP