Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Trip to Oklahoma/WSU Football Game...

 Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chris & I headed to Stillwater, Oklahoma for the WSU vs. OSU Football game this weekend.  So fun!  The 5 hour drive was a little long, but I entertained myself by taking pictures on the way...

A whole lot of this...

A few old firetrucks...
Most of the towns we drove through had only one stop sign, if that...
My favorite were the cowboys riding their horses...
Then there were tons of tractors...
But this one held up traffic....
Some cute little towns...
Then, we got into Stillwater, checked into the hotel and headed to the WSU tailgate.  There were a ton of fellow Cougs there.  It is always great to see lots of Crimson.

Of course, I had to say hi to Butch...

First of all, the OSU fans are the nicest, most welcoming people EVER!  I am pretty sure we were never like that in Pullman.  It was so nice and refreshing that everybody was so nice.  I am talking nice like they welcomed us to their town, said good luck, asked how the team was looking, how far we came from, etc.  I mean, these people were so nice!  On that note, I have never seen so much Orange, ever. 

The game could have had a less embarrassing score, but we still had fun!  Actually, we only lasted at the game until halftime.  We headed to Eskimo Joe's.  I found me a seat and sat at the bar for the next few hours.  Met lots of fun people.  Although a couple of guys decided to buy Chris & I some of these. 

We should have politely declined, but I felt obligated, I mean, they shared their delicious cheese fries with me...yum!

But I sure enjoyed my beers.  And what a fun bar.

Dear Chick-fil-a:  I used to like you....

I had to  wave at Oklahoma City as we passed by...

 Click here to see some pictures of the last time we were in Oklahoma City.  I just love the city.  Bricktown is just so cool.  It was hard to just pass by.   

3 comments:

Anonymous,  September 7, 2010 at 1:44 PM  

Oh, hush, you still like Chick-fil-a!!! LOL!!!!!

Kristen September 7, 2010 at 3:45 PM  

What a FUN road trip. Loving the pictures of the one stop sign and tractors holding up traffic!

Jenn September 8, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

Yes, I still like Chick-fil-a. But I was not happy with THAT one. LOL.

Yes, Oklahoma had some 'interesting' things. We had fun!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP