Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Birthday Activities!

 Monday, January 19, 2009






















So, I was planning on making Connor a birthday tee, I did the same last year, but used the print/iron on-it was really cute. This year, since I have been sewing a lot lately, I decided to sew something onto a shirt. I gave him the option of a train or a monkey. Well, he wanted both, so guess what??? I ended up doing both-what a spoiled little boy! (I wonder where he gets that from). So, he wore the train tee on his birthday & the monkey tee for his party. He really liked them & my plan is to make a tee every year for him to wear on his birthday until he turns 21...we will see how long that lasts! Both tees turned out cute, Chris & I decided they were "Mama Cheesy", that is how we described them. But Connor liked them, so that is all that matters. Also, I made these really cute crayon rolls as little favors (along with a coloring book) for party favors for the kids that came to his birthday party. Connor enjoyed helping & by helping, I mean driving cars all over me & the sewing machine while I sewed them :) And I decorated the cupcakes using my new decorating tools that I got for Christmas-I had lots of fun, it was just time consuming. I have eating more than my fair share of cupcakes that last few days! No wonder I am getting so big lately! I also made 3 colors of play dough (yellow, green and blue). Everyone has asked for the recipe, so here it is:

Super Easy Play Dough

-1 cup flour
-1/2 cup salt
-1 cup water

-1 TBSP vegetable oil

-1 1/2 tsp cream of tarter

-food coloring (optional)

*Mix all ingredients in saucepan over low heat (it doesn't take very long at all). Play dough is ready when difficult to stir and forms a ball. I take it out of the pan, place it on a piece of wax paper, let it cool a bit, then put about 1/2 tsp of vanila (helps preserve it-but optional) and knead it. Once completely cool, place in air tight container.
**The best part about it is that I know what is in it & all the ingredients come straight from my pantry, so it is things that I use daily/weekly-so it is not bad if a little bit gets eaten, no worries!

1 comments:

Amy January 19, 2009 at 3:19 PM  

Looks like Connor had a great birthday! I love the birthday shirts.
Crayon rolls are on my ever growing list of things to make for the kids. Yours turned out cute. Great idea to give them as party favors.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP