Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Mother's Day Weekend!

 Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day Weekend! Yes, it is true, I have turned Mother's Day into an entire weekend celebration! It has been a great weekend-this morning I was up before anyone else & enjoyed the peace & quiet. And I guess, maybe I was a little bored, so I made some yummy blueberry muffins. Then the boys got up, we ate breakfast, went to Kohl's to do a little shopping-I found 5 shirts, which is amazing! I am very in need of clothes that fit! Everything is too small or too big! So, I was happy I found something. Then, we went to the park-Connor had a blast running, climbing, jumping, and going down the slide. Dylan just slept the entire time.

Then, on the way home, we stopped by the grocery store to pick up some food to donate to "Stamp Out Hunger" for our mail lady to pick-up. Connor helped me carry it out to the mailbox and I was explaining to him that it was for people who were hungry. He told me he was hungry. How to explain this to a two-year old. It was too cute, was he was very excited to see the mail lady pick up the food, we went outside and chatted with her-she likes Connor.

We went to Costco to pick up a few things and ended up with much more than what was on the list. When do we not?!? Then, I had a coupon to use at Borders and was looking for a Love & Logic Parenting book, but they didn't have any in stock, so I decided to browse the Parenting section while Chris & Connor looked at dinosaur and shark books in the children's section. I found 'The Discipline Book' By Dr. Sears. Yah! I like all the other books, so I am sure I will like this one as well. Then, we went to the play on the toys at the mall, Connor enjoyed the play area at the mall-it is so fun to watch him play.

We got home and it was just about dinner time, so while I fed dinner, Chris cooked dinner! It was wonderful!!! He made shrimp scampi, brushetta, and a great salad. What a wonderful dinner and even better that I didn't cook :)

Connor is sleeping in his own bed right now & I just put Dylan down in his crib-this is a first for night time, we will see how long it lasts! But it is a start!

Needless to say, this has been a WONDERFUL Mother's Day weekend so far. But then again, how can you go wrong with shopping & good food?!? On the agenda for tomorrow is strawberry crepes-made from scratch from Chris, Starbucks, and the park in the morning. Then, I have requested Olive Garden for lunch. And we will be having BBQ ribs for dinner! Wow-how can life get any better?!?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP