Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

All good things must come to an end...

 Wednesday, April 15, 2009











Well, Grandpa & Grandma left yesterday...it was wonderful to have them here for three weeks! They made it here just in time...they were here 1 full day, then Dylan decided to make his appearance. Good timing! Connor had a blast playing with them. He would take them by the hand and sit them in the playroom and they would play for hours with animals, trains, cars, coloring, puzzles, legos, and read lots of books! Connor enjoyed all the extra attention & of course being spoiled. Chris & I enjoyed being spoiled too :) Granpa did lots of yardwork & cleaning, while Grandma did lots of laundry & sewing. And of course all the Starbucks & yummy food-such a treat!


It was great not to have to do dished, cook, bathtime, and clean. And we were able to get lots done around the house...garden, lawn mowed, trees trimed, yard weeded, basement cleaned up (I still have some work to do on it), plus lots more. I think Connor kept Grandpa & Grandma busy! We really enjoyed all their help & being able to celebrate Easter with them.


However, the good news is that I have survived my first full day & a half with both kiddos at home by myself. I would say it is a success...I have even managed to get a few things done :) I have done a couple loads of laundry, made dinner last night, showered today (amazing), made chocolate chip banana muffins for breakfast this morning, an omlet with ham, cheese, and pineapple yesterday morning, went for a walk both days, although yesterday was much too cold for a walk. Despite Connor hitting Dylan, it has been a success. Connor is testing me again to see what he can get away with. Unfortunately, Dylan has to suffer. But I told Dylan, "It will either last a couple of days or the rest of your life...Sorry Buddy!" Life is such!

3 comments:

Amy April 15, 2009 at 12:56 PM  

Soon enough Dylan will get like Lily and beat on his big brother first or do things to get him in trouble. They learn fast. Glad you survived your first days alone with both kids!

Marcy April 15, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

I hope the brotherly love kicks in soon and Connor decides that Dylan isn't there for punching. The 2nd kiddos definitely make things a little harder. And to think, I thought it was hard with one! What was I thinking! :) I can't wait for all of us to get together with the kiddos. It is nice to have all the kids to be so close in age.

Nicole April 17, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

We bought Cole the same easel, and he loves it! So glad the brothers are already bonding... Take care Jenn! Isn't life with two boys the BEST?!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP