Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

6 weeks off...REALLY?!?

 Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I have to take 6 weeks off from running.  Although this is a relatively new hobby (is it considered a hobby???) or rather, an addiction, I enjoy it, I enjoy the competition, the "me" time, I enjoy being able to eat whatever I want, etc.  So, to literally have to take a full 6 weeks off...is not my idea of fun!  I will miss my next 2 races that I have already signed up for and was SO looking forward to running them with friends ;-(

I had gone to the doctor back in October for pain in my right leg and was told to take a couple weeks off.  Which I did (from running), the pain was still there, but not as bad.  Then recently moved into my left leg, but getting worse.  So, after gimping around this weekend after my race, I made another doctor appointment for this morning.  This time he ordered X-rays. 

He came back & told me he had bad news...I asked if I was just a wuss and needed to suck it up?  LOL.  Then he showed me X-rays...very clear there was a nice break!  Yes, I have a fractured pelvic bone.  So, it does turn out that I do have a wierdly high pain tolerance.  He was amazed that I had been running on it for all this time.  Then he proceeded to tell me I was stubborn (who, me???) and crazy (what, me???).  So, I will follow his advice, unfortunately.  Guess my New Year's Resolution will be to lose the 20 lbs I will gain from taking 6 weeks off....LOL  ;-)

3 comments:

Amy November 30, 2010 at 3:19 PM  

Oh no!!! That does not sound fun at all.

Anonymous,  November 30, 2010 at 5:10 PM  

Does this mean no cake for dinner??????????

Jenn November 30, 2010 at 7:38 PM  

No fun. And I am sure I will have cake at least once for dinner...wanna join me?

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP