Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

 Thursday, November 25, 2010

I got up and ran with Lesley this morning to do our own version of the Turkey Trot, we called it '10k on Turkey Day'.  It was cold and windy.  I decided to map out our 6.2 miles and include the 2 mile long  bridge in our course.  NOT such a great idea.  We only made it about a half of a mile on the bridge  before turning around, the wind on bridge was about 30 mph, not fun and not easy to run in.  So, we headed back and ran around my neighborhood, like usual.  This was the first time I got to use my Garmin watch on a real run.  I love that it tells me everything about my run!  Although I dislike how it tells m..e we started off pretty good, then slowed way down ;-)  Oh well, we still got in our 6.2 miles, I can't complain.   I just need to figure out how to use it correctly.  Me + technology = disaster!


 Then, I headed to Starbucks to bring us home some yummy drinks!  I figured I deserved some deliciousness.

Then onto the food.  Of course ;-)  It was pretty simple this year:

Turkey breast...
Cranberry sauce...

Delicious homemade rolls...
(oops...I had already eaten one before I could get a picture, it wasn't the last I ate before dinner!)

And then we had green beans & sweet potatoes too...

And of course, my favorite pumpkin pie....
And the whip cream...such a treat for the boys to lick the whisk...love this picture...

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP