Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

New Year's Resolutions

 Thursday, December 31, 2009

It is that time of year again to think about resolutions.  My oh my!


[Here were my resolutions for 2009:  Hobbies I would love to take up such as sewing, quilting, photography, baking, and scrap booking. All the while, having a bigger vegetable garden (and starting from seeds this year), canning, getting ready for the new baby, and completely organizing our house.  I didn't do so great.  I am ready for a fresh start.]
 


For the record, we did start most of our garden from seeds.  I attempted quilting.  I did some scrap booking.  I somewhat organized the (old) house.  And I did manage to keep up with the blog....150 posts, just to be exact.



Here are my excuses (in no particular order):
Moving.  Selling a house.  Buying a house.  Living in a hotel for months.  Connor.  Dylan.  Chris working/going to school.  Having a baby. 



This year I resolve to...



*Take my camera off the auto setting.  I am truly terrified of the manual setting, but I am determined!  (If anybody has any good tips, lessons, advice, etc. for doing so, I am all ears.) 


**Chris' New Year's Resolution is to brew his own beer.  Or at least that is my resolution for him.  (If anybody has any great words of wisdom for this hobby, I am certain he is willing to listen.)



***Our family resolution is to set a budget & stick to it, which means no frivolous spending, which in return means very little Starbucks.*** 


Along with the resolutions, I have several goals...much like the previous years:
Canning, making food from scratch, trying new recipes, becoming organized, reading more books, having a clean house, doing some home renovations, working out, and gardening.  


We had a wonderful 2009, which lots of fun and excitement and we are thrilled to see what 2010 has in store for us.  I am sure both Connor & Dylan have lots of wonderful plans to excite and entertain us in the next year.



I will continue to keep you updated with photos (hopefully better), funny stories, crafting projects, and just the randomness that is our family.  Oh and of course, I will share with you my love for food.








Happy New Year from our family to yours!  May 2010 bring you love, joy, and happiness!

2 comments:

Beth and Chris Germann January 1, 2010 at 8:26 AM  

Those seem like reasonable resolutions. I am going to go ahead and stick to the auto setting on my camera :)

Marcy January 2, 2010 at 2:34 PM  

I LOVE THE PHOTO! Is that recent? My resolutions are so random, but scrapbooking would be great. Let me know how you find time to do any of those!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP