Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Merry Christmas Eve!

 Thursday, December 24, 2009


I started the morning very early since a certain little boy wanted to play instead of sleep (we won't name any names, but this certain little boy has a gummy smile that I just can't say no to).  So, what to do at 4:30am on Christmas Eve?  Well, bake some cinnamon rolls, of course!  So, I started baking, 9 cups of flour, a few sticks of butter, lots of sugar, a little cinnamon and it was heaven.  And I hadn't even baked them yet.  I couldn't keep Chris & Connor out of the dough...it was divine.  And the baked ones were heaven....literally...there are no words for how incredibly delicious these little bits of heaven are.  I won't even tell you how many I have eaten, but thankfully the recipe made about 5 pans of them.  Oh my!  They should last through Christmas day :)  Connor enjoyed helping...and eating.  Well, mostly eating.....



 

 

 

 

 
Yes, this is true, we did allow (or rather, encourage) Connor to eat lots of cinnamon roll dough coated in flour and sugar all before 8am.  But it is only Christmas Eve once a year, right?  And I will probably only make these cinnamon rolls every month (maybe every week) for the rest of my life, right?

And here is Dylan just plain being cute...




 

 

 

 

 

And Santa's Elves made a special visit last night to bring a little treat for two adorable little boys...
 








 

Connor & Dylan were thrilled with the new drawing pads, markers, and crayons they each got.  How exciting!

Crazy weather update:  last night it was about 80 degrees, this morning it is a cool 38 degrees with rain and the temperature dropping and snow in the forecast for this afternoon.  Along with a wind advisory and winter weather advisory.  A low of 23 degrees tonight.  We *might* just have a White Christmas after all.  Fingers crossed.

***Most importantly the scrumptious Cinnamon Roll Recipe came from my new favorite cookbook The Pioneer Woman Cooks.  The recipe is not online, so sorry you either have to buy the cookbook (you will not be disappointed) or bribe me to make them for you.  (I like chocolate a lot.  And margaritas too.)

3 comments:

Amy December 24, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

Oooh, the cinnamon rolls sound divine. I'll make margaritas if you make these for me!

Jenn December 24, 2009 at 4:33 PM  

Amy-sounds like a plan!

Beth and Chris Germann December 29, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

Is Dylan actually standing up unassisted?? Holy cow, you are in trouble!!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP