Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Meeting the Pionner Woman!

 Wednesday, December 2, 2009



We attended a book signing for The Pioneer Woman (Ree Drummond).  Since she came to Dallas, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity.  This was my very first book signing, so I had no idea what to expect.  So, I took Chris along for support, company, and just because.  Dylan came along too.  Connor did not.  We arrived at Borders and got our pink bracelets (they color code every 100 people-we were in the fourth group...meaning there were 300+ people before us).  We were in for a long night, but I was determined to meet her and get the cookbooks signed.  So let the waiting game begin.

Oh The Fun...


This was Mama & Dylan enjoying a yummy hot chocolate loaded with whip cream.



Dylan enjoyed the whip cream, & all the lovely ladies standing in line along with us.  He was a total flirt and loved all the attention.  What a trooper he was.  It was much past his bedtime.  




There she is!  She walked out from the back directly in front of us...it was quite a suprise and we weren't able to get a good photo since the lens would have been literally right in her face.  But it was exciting to see her walk out with her two daughters.



And there we are...with The Pionner Woman.  How exciitng.  She is the sweetest, nicest, most gracious woman ever.  She was so nice, even after several hours and several hundred signatures.  



We did it!  We got our cookbooks signed.  We even got the daughters to sign the books along with the ' newphews'.  The kids were so sweet and well-behaved.  It did take 6 long hours (yes, seriously 6 hours is how long we were at Borders waiting).  But it was well worth the wait.  She was everything I expected and more.  It was a great first book signing experience.  Maybe we will do it again.  Maybe.   

If you haven't heard of her, please check out her website (The Pioneer Woman), it is facinating.  I am totally head-over-heels in love with all her photos.  Someday I will be able to take pictures like that.  omeday. Hopefully sooner than later.  I am confident I will (again, someday) be able to use my wonderful camera the way it was intended to be used.  (if you  have any tips, pointers, resources for me, please forward onto me).  Oh and her recipes and stories are worth reading as well.  You will not be disappointed. 

Thanks Amy for sharing all her wonderfulness with me.  And sorry I couldn't keep this a secret, you will be getting your signed cookbook for Christmas :)

And lastly, a BIG thanks for Chris for accomplanying me on this 7+ hour jouney.  We got home around midnight and he will be up shortly for work. I seriously have the best husband EVER!  Thanks babe!  I love you!!!  Even Ree told him he gets major points for going.  He was among only a handful of 'guys' in the crowd. 

1 comments:

Amy December 2, 2009 at 2:48 PM  

Woohoo!!!!! I am so EXCITED! Yippee!!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm so jealous that she went to Dallas, but so happy you got a cookbook for me too. Your pictures are great!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP