Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

St. Louis Pumpkin Brew 5K

 Sunday, October 24, 2010

Last weekend, I took a quick trip back to St. Louis to see some friends.  All by myself.  Traveling by myself was easy and painless.  But I felt like I was always forgetting something or someone.  And it was quiet.  LOL.  I had a great time.  

First of all,  I love St. Louis.  Just look at this amazing arch.  Love it.


And I talked Kelly & Cheryl into doing this fun 5k race with me.  I had never ran with either one of them, so I was excited.

Kelly wanted to finish in around 30 minutes and Cheryl had set a goal of 28 minutes.  I was just excited to run.  So, we set off and ended up running a lot faster than originally planned, but I felt great.  Kelly was thinking bad thoughts about me the entire race since I told her not to bring her iPod and that I would talk the entire race.  Oops, sorry Kel.  We got separated at the start.  However, Cheryl got to listen to me talk for the first 2.5 miles.  Here is how I finished: time of 25 minutes and 28 seconds.  I came in 6th in my age group, 68th overall out of 438 people.  It was a pretty flat course and a lot of fun. 

After the race beer...YUM!

Then I met up with some of my favorite girls for margaritas and Mexican food.  What a great night catching up with everyone.
 Such a fun weekend catching up with friends and hanging out.  I sure missed my boys though.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  October 25, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

I should have warned them that your legs don't slow down for friends... ;-) I know.

Jenn October 25, 2010 at 3:55 PM  

LOL. But I do keep you company before (sometimes during) and after the race though ;-)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP