Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Halloween around our house...

 Friday, October 29, 2010

Just thought I would show you a bit of what Halloween is around our house...

I buy good candy for the trick-or-treaters...

I planned to do lots of Halloween crafts this year...didn't work out, luckily a friend had this cute hand print bat craft all set-up for the kids.  Love it.
I did break out the sewing machine and whip up this adorable table runner that I have on my island in the kitchen...
Got the plan from here.  And that was the extent of any craftiness that went on.  Oh well, maybe next year...

On second thought, the boys costumes (well, really just Connor's) took a little creativity and craftiness.  The boys decided (okay, Connor decided) they were doing to dress up as Woody & Buzz from Toy Story.  Connor was dead set on being the cowboy, so I set out to make his shirt, which included finding a plain white button down shirt, dying it yellow, then hand drawing every single plaid line!  Talk about tedious.  But I think it turned out pretty cute.  And made the vest.  Well, actually Grandma did that part!  And love his hat, Wranglers, belt buckle, and boots.  He loves his costume.  So sweet.

Just look at him...
And here is our sweet little Buzz Lightyear...
So adorable. Both of them.  We had my MOMS Club Halloween Party this afternoon.  It was a huge hit and lots of fun.  I took pictures with my good camera, so I will upload those and post more pictures soon.  Promise.  But for now, camera phone pictures will have to do!

And tonight after eating tons of cookies and sweets, Dylan asked for a banana, so we sat at the table and here is what he did.  Love it...he cracks me up!  (Obviously from all my laughter from the video...again, sorry for the annoying loudness!)

3 comments:

Amy October 29, 2010 at 10:12 PM  

I love that Dylan gets off the chair and looks for comfort when asked about a spider. Me too, Dylan. Their costumes are so cute! I can't believe you drew all of those lines on Connor/Woody's shirt! Wow!!! Happy Halloween to you guys!

Jenn October 30, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

Yes, apparently Dylan is afraid of the 'thought' of spiders, but when he sees them, he is just fine. Silly boy!

Marcy November 1, 2010 at 9:50 PM  

I read this the other night and about died that you drew all those lines on that shirt! that is a lot of effort for your son's costume! Way to go mom on such an awesome job! Definitely the best looking Woody costume I have seen!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP