Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

NO SUGAR - Week One

 Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Well, I have made it through the first week.  It really hasn't been as hard as I expected.  I am amazed.  Even with the many temptations I have had: sitting drinking water while everyone else had ice cream; the boys getting Starbucks without me; the boys getting a milkshake without me.  Eating an apple while the boys had grilled cheese and tomato soup.  I haven't given in to the temptation.  I remain strong. I expected to have headaches and withdrawls and be just downright miserable.  But to my surprise, I haven't had any of those side effects.  Thank goodness!

Please pass the sauce...Oh wait, I can't have any!  That might be the hardest part of this whole 'no sugar thing'.   For those of you who don't know, I am a sauce fanatic!  And that may be an understatement.  I love sweet & spicy.  But most everything has some sort of sugar in it.  Ketchup is still a favorite of mine.  I enjoy it on everything from my scrambled eggs to french fries grilled asparagas.  Please don't judge me.  At least I don't dip my steak in ketchup, I prefer more complex sauces for that :)   And that also means no bbq sauce either since it is made with brown sugar. 

And our oatmeal was very bland this morning as I only added bananas to it instead of my usual heavy sprinkling of brown sugar.  But last night after dinner, I announced we would be having dessert.  When I served the bowl full of cut up fruit, everyone was excited.  Yah!  We all devoured the fresh strawberries, blueberries, and cantelope.  It was so refreshing to see everyone enjoy the delicious fruit and ask for seconds and thirds.  Lesson: dessert doesn't have to be cake, cookies, and ice cream. 

Well, here is what I have wanted to eat in the last week:
-strawberries covered in chocolate - frozen snickers bars - Starbucks carmel macchiato with extra carmel  - ketchup - BBQ sauce - salad dressing -chocolate  -brownies  -french fries  -bread  - hot cocoa -

Here is what I have been eating:
- chips & salsa - eggs - apple slices with almond butter - blueberry pancakes/waffless topped with sliced bananas - avacados - pizza - spinach artichoke dip - lots of fruits & veggies

Wish me luck as I enter in the second week.  39 days left to go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP