Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Recipes

 Saturday, January 9, 2010

So, I have tried a few new recipes in the last week and wanted to share them with you....

Last night I had some ground beef and couldn't think of what to do with it.  My first thoughts were Mexican casserole, meat balls, hamburgers, or sloppy joes.  None really sounded good, so I went searching and found a recipe for Beef and Bean Chimichangas.  They were pretty good, although I didn't have all the spices or the chili beans, instead I used kidney beans and they turned out good.  I didn't use all the mixture, so I will have to come up with another use for it.  Perhaps on top of nachos?  I also steamed some peas and carrots so we at least had a few veggies with dinner and the boys loved the peas.  They both gobbled them up and had seconds, thirds, and maybe even more.  It was pretty funny.  Connor liked how they 'pop' in his mouth. 

I also made a roast in the Crock Pot this week, but I have never used a recipe.  But I did attempt to make gravy (because Chris likes it, I hate it).  It didn't turn out, which not sure if it is because I left it on the stove a bit long or not.  But the roaast and veggies were good.

I have continued to try a few gourmet mac & cheese recipes, such as Fancy Macaroni.  I thought the bacon would seal the deal, but they boys said it was 'just okay'.  They prefer my regular, boring Mac & Cheese.  No fancy cheeses for them.  So, I agreed to attempt my borning, no recipe Mac & Cheese adding onions and bacon next time.  I thought the gourmet mac & cheese was really good, but I couldn't convince the boys.  Oh well.  They like their food pretty simple.

Another favorite recipe this week was a Minestrone soup, it was delicious.  It had bacon, kale, and fennel, among the normal minestrone soup ingredients.  However, I just realized that I already returned the magazine to the library that the recipe came from.  And I didn't write it down.  I guess I will have to go find it again.  It was tasty and perfect for the cold weather we have had lately.

I found the delicious Cinnamon Rolls recipe online and thought I would share it.  They are mighty tasty!

And lastly, this morning I made my favorite muffins.  Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are more like a dessert, but at least they have bananas and yogurt along with the chocolate chips :)  This is a favorite of Connor's as well...go figure.  And since Chris is at work again today, we decided these would be a great treat for us.  And they were indeed. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Amy January 10, 2010 at 10:51 AM  

Did Chris eat the peas?

We love different mac and cheeses at our house. Aidan's favorite has spinach in it, crazy boy.

The minestrone soup sounds good, might have to try it.

Marcy January 13, 2010 at 12:17 PM  

We do peas and mac & cheese for lunch occassionally. So far it is a hit with Ethan but Kiersten could care less about either.

Thank you, thank you for finding the cinnamon roll recipe online. They look delicious and the fact that I can make enough to freeze... (well hopefully we won't eat them all!) is even better!

The kids are growing and so dang cute! Love Dylan's bedhead! He could be Kiersten's twin today! LOL

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP