Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

A great Friday!

 Friday, August 14, 2009


Connor asked all day on Friday to bake a cake. Well, that is just too much work to bake the cake, wait for it to cool, then make the frosting and frost it and then decorate it. So, I agreed to make cookies instead. And that was fine by Connor. Well, he did not want to wait for the chocolate chip cookies to cool, but I wasn't going to wait either! So, he tore them into little pieces, blew on them real quick, then proceeded to shove them all in his mouth. Whatever works!





Here is what Dylan was doing while we were eating the cookies...hanging out on the floor with all the animals by the barn. he was enjoying himself and rolling around. He is starting to push himself up with his arms, but doesn't have the leg strength yet to crawl. But when he does, I am going to be in trouble!







Here is what we picked on Friday from the garden---a couple of baby carrots, a couple of cucumbers, and a few small cherry tomatoes. All were really yummy in the great salad I made to go with the spinache and cheese ravioli and corn on the cob. While I was picking the tomatoes, I knocked off a green tomato on accident and was immediately scolded by Connor. At least he understands the concept!







Here is one of the garden boxes --- tomatoes are doing okay, not wonderful, but the carrots are doing really well and they are very sweet and yummy. At least the tomato plants are producing. I just wish it were more tomatoes.











The Roma tomatoes are just about ready for picking...in fact, I picked one tonight to use in our Tortilla soup! I love being able to pick fresh veggies from the garden and use them within minutes---now that is fresh!!!

















Yummy basil! The basil has over taken this container & I couldn't be happier! I LOVE basil...almost as much as I love garlic :)









What a great Friday we had!

3 comments:

Brulotte Family August 16, 2009 at 12:15 AM  

Very cute, I love the video's....add more video in your spare time...Ha, Ha....

Amy August 16, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

Connor needs to share his cookies with me.

Your garden looks great. Your cucumbers are big. The rain is not doing our tomatoes or cucumbers any favors.

Jenn August 16, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

Connor would be happy to share his cookies..just hop on a plane :)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP