Jenn Baker. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Food for Thought

 Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Last weekend we had our basket pick-up for the produce co-op.  It was full of such yummy stuff, just take a look...

There was oranges, apples, apricots, bell peppers, spinach, red potatoes, jalepenos, zucchini, and my all-time favorites of kale, beets, and tomatillos.  Delicious!

First up was kale chips.  I was so excited.  I just wash, dry & chop the kale.  Season with salt, pepper and grapeseed oil, pop in the oven for a few minutes and enjoy!
And I have a partner in crime who enjoys kale just as much as I do...
YUM, more please Dylan says!

I did use some of the kale to make some delicious soup, which is my version of Olive Garden's zuppa toscana...

Since Connor doesn't like this soup, he requested 'green soup', which to his surprise is broccoli & cheese soup....through a straw, of course...


And then to use the tomatillos, I had to make some green enchiladas...

They were delicious!  And then, with the left-overs, made some delicious tostadas..

Love the delicious fresh fruits & veggies !!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP